Tuesday 17 April 2012

O is for Oh Land

About a year ago, my boyfriend introduced me to a singer, who very quickly became one of my favourites. Oh Land is the stage name of Nanna Øland Fabricius, a Danish singer/song-writer and record producer.


She started her career as a musician after suffering an injury in her back. Before that, she was enrolled in both the Royal Danish and Royal Swedish schools of ballet.

Oh Land says “I want my music to feel like 2050 meets something really classic, like meeting a stranger that feels as familiar as an old friend.” And I can certainly see that she has achieved that. The album that these two songs appaear on is said to be about balancing life in the city and nature. This really comes through in the song “White Nights”.


The following quote is from Oh Land’s website: “Her multi-sensory approach to songwriting has been present from the beginning. Before Oh Land had a name, or even songs, she was a restless child on the outskirts of Copenhagen, where she wove together imaginary languages, characters, and magazines. Though she didn’t know it then, this sense of play would develop naturally into the skewed and rich aesthetic of Oh Land’s music and performance style”. I just had to share this with you, isn’t it such a lovely thought? You can really see the creativeness of this wonderfully talented lady when listening to her lyrics and watching her spectacular music videos. Please visit her website and browse through her other videos, I promise you will not be disappointed! 

inspire nordic

11 comments:

  1. I can't watch videos cause I'm at work, but it's interesting to read about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely music. It is inspiring that she lets her imagination soar.

    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty voice. I wonder why she sings in English?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my!! She has a wonderfully sweet voice! I am so glad I came back to visit and heard her. Ruby aka Grammy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She definitely has a pretty voice! I just love quirky creative individuals with a great imagination. Life would be so boring if one didn't have a good imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful voice. I love the videos. It's music that makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your music choices;))
    love, grat tracks, lovely videos;))
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just finding your blog via A to Z. I love the nordic theme, and the music for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually quite like it, which is weird for me, because I'm really picky about music! I like the beat in the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's one talented lady! Thanks for sharing. I would've never known of her.

    I nominated you for the Sunshine Award, but I see you already have one. Oh well. Have a sunshiney day, anyway!

    ReplyDelete