Monday 14 May 2012

My last week in Oslo

Today is the beginning of my final week in Oslo. This time next week I will be on my way home to England, having packed up my little flat and said goodbye to some of the dearest friends I've ever had. It's a funny feeling, some moments I have butterflies because I'm so excited to go home, and some moments I feel like crying because I've grown so fond of this place. 

I won't be posting for the next couple of days because I have exams. On Wednesday afternoon I will have my phonetics exam and I'm hoping to have completed an essay I'm writing for another course by then too. On Thursday it is the Norwegian national day and I'm planning a huge post to tell you all about that. I will be wandering around Oslo all day with my camera so that I can come back and teach you all about it!

So I'm sure you will be hearing from me by the end of the week, but until then I need to study very hard. If you see me creeping around here anytime before Wednesday, you have my full permission to shout at me and tell me to get back to work!

Keep safe, keep smiling, have a lovely week and I can't wait to come and see what you guys have been getting up to while I've been gone! 

inspire nordic

25 comments:

  1. Good luck with your exams! I have exams coming up too so I know how you feel. Can't wait for the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, good luck to you too! I hope they go well :)

      Delete
  2. hope you do great on your exams!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your exams. I'm looking forward to the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! good luck with your exams, I totally get you, I am starting mine too and there is no time to blog :S
    I can't wait to see the national day post:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that must be really bittersweet. I hope you have safe travels! And best of luck with your exams!

    {P.S. I'm listening to the song [by Rökkurró] that you posted a few days ago, and oh! It is so exquisite. Just the sort of thing I like. :)}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bittersweet is just the word I was looking for! Thank you for your kind words :)

      I'm so glad you like it! I actually thought of you when I posted it, since it seems that we have a similar music taste :)

      Delete
  6. Must be difficult to leave but sweet to be going home. Hope your exams go extra well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's nice to be going home but it feels very strange to be leaving!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your exams! Sorry to hear your time in Oslo is at an end but I'm sure you'll return to visit again someday. And think of all the great memories you made!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment :) I'm sure I will visit again too, it's too beautiful not to!

      Delete
  8. oh wow, good luck with the exams and I hope the move back here goes well. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck for your exams and hope to see you in London soon then ;)

    Kisses
    L3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in Oslo two weekends ago, as a surprise trip. I thought of your blog.
    Everyone was really nice, everything was really expensive, and the viking ships you guys dug up are sooo cool.

    Good luck with the exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) I'm glad you liked it. It's super expensive though. I can't wait to come back to English prices where you don't have to pay a fortune just for cheese :D

      Delete
  11. Good luck with the exams! I'm so jealous of you, London is like my dream holiday destination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best of everything to you as you move from challenge to challenge! See you " around the bend".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you much luck on the exams, and wonderful light on your Norwegian National Day photo safari.

    I'd been away from my A/Z blog friends for a while, and just found you're doing the May photo-a-day bit as well. Hope to see more of your work, soon.

    Have a great weekend, Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Norwegian National day was beautiful but it was hard to take pictures. There were a lot of people there and I was too short, but I did my best!

      Are you doing the May photo thing too? I'm coming to have a look :)

      Delete
  14. Have a a safe trip back. Looking forward to your posts from the UK. Hobbes (the lion) sends good wishes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Hey Hobbes! Thank you for your wishes. I'm excited to start writing from the UK, I have a few ideas for posts already :)

      Delete
  15. Good luck with your exams, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete