Saturday 4 August 2012

Where do you do your writing?

Do you have a cozy place where you like to do your writing? I adored my little room in Norway, especially during the winter when I could curl up at my desk with a blanket and some hot coffee and watch the snow falling while I did my work. 

Now that I've moved back to England and to a new house, I've been trying to make a new cozy little space to work from. Unfortunately my little window is too high to see out of from my desk, something that is quite important to me, but I have such a pretty little room here that it doesn't matter too much :) 

I've decided to keep the room as minimalistic as I can - light coloured walls, baby pink fabrics and all of my things stored away. It's very fresh and calm and I feel very office-y with a neat little desk and a calender (we can pretend it's not a True Blood calendar instead of a sensible one, for now) for important deadlines. And of course, the all important thick Norwegian jumper and soft, snuggly blanket for optimum coziness... 


What is your writing space like? Do you have a set place where you like to do your work? I'm not one of those people who can work just anywhere. I have to have all of my things, a large selection of stationary and plenty of tea and snacks in order to function properly :)


inspire nordic

14 comments:

  1. I like to have my creature comforts too when I work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't write, but for my crafts, I HAVE to be surrounded by all my special things and knick knacks. I have my own craft room now and it's cluttered beyond belief but I love working in there. Except this time of year, w/ no a/c in it, it gets a little hot in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so important to have your own space and your space reflects you! Perfect. I just repainted my office and it looks so much better--it's a robin's egg blue color. Just missing one thing--a dog curled up beside me. Do you miss Norway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been inspired to blog at all lately. When I do, I either have the laptop on my lap in my recliner or at my kitchen table or I take it with me when I take my mother-in-law to the hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once upon a time, I wrote at my secretaire, and only in the wee hours of morning. But now I have a baby, I've learned to write whenever, wherever. You adjust to whatever obstacles life may throw you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I write in our computer room, which also contains a spare bed, a small TV, and some of the kids' toys. It's not always quiet in here, but I find if I get up early and stay up late, I can get quite a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do most of my writing on my bed. With a pen and paper, because I can't concentrate on my computer these days! I wish I had a better spot, because the only view from my bed is straight into my (messy) closet, but ah well.

    Is that picture of your room? It's lovely! Quite soothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm doing fine here, it's getting warmer as spring is setting its footstep in!

    For me, I need a spacious table to put all my needs within my reach and of cos a mug fills with hot choc to keep me going :) Oh, and I love listening to light musics while writing. It works for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i write at my stationary computer table---i like your space--very cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your space! So cute. I usually write at my mom's computer; it's a desktop and it's in her office, so I don't really have any room to cozify. During NaNoWriMo last year, though, I used my school laptop and created a little cozy gnome home at the end of my bed. So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Desk in the living room on my laptop is where I do most of my writing.

    The more romantic place is when I get my notebook, and write where ever the wind takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love the sound of your Norwegian writing spot.

    I tend to write sat on my bed with my laptop... it's the only place really to get a bit of peace!

    Stopping by on the Post A To Z Road Trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to write in scribblers because I am a longhand writer. I have them all over the house and carry one with me most of the time. I think my favourite place to write is in a noisy, busy area - somehow, it brings out the creative juices in me.

      Delete
  13. Hi Nikki! When I write for pleasure, I like to write in my bed before I go to sleep. When its school work, I usually like to do it on the dinning table, it has so many space :D how is the new house coming along? (:

    ReplyDelete