Wednesday 2 January 2013

Adventures in Portsmouth

This morning we decided to go on a little roadtrip to Portsmouth. It's about an hour away from where I live and I'd never been there before. It was a really interesting place to visit, we got to see HMS Victory and visited the Mary Rose Museum which was full of Tudor artifacts from the sunken ship. My brother is obsessed with anything to do with history, so he adored it! The dress in the third picture is an original costume from the tv show The Tudors. It was the dress worn by Catherine Howard.


Before we went home, we found a cheap bookstore so we popped in and came out with 9 books between us!! That's a good start to my challenge! 
You can also see the bright pink coat I bought one gloomy day in December. It cheers me up when I wear bright colours!


the little nordic cabin
x

twitter.com/nordiccabin

5 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!

    www.teenyhippie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound fun, and I love your cheery coat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was in England, I was in a village called Horndean in Portsmouth. We visited Arundel Castle and most of it was closed for renovations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that your brother loves history so much!

    ReplyDelete